Dr. Mridula Tandon is a founding member and President of SAKSHI, a not-for-profit organisation (registered in 1993) and of the Legacy Project. She is also a medical doctor, social entrepreneur, golfer, philanthropist, and a passionate promoter of Indian cultural arts and literature.
An alumnus of The Armed Forces Medical College (Poona University), she is widely recognized for her social work and expertise in education, health, community development, women’s empowerment, and promotion & revival of India’s cultural Heritage.
She has done extensive work in social development over the years. Under her stewardship SAKSHI has enlarged to encompass diverse projects which are holistic in approach and aim at community development and empowerment of the disadvantaged. In this context, she is a consultant for and ICC Committee Member on Gender issues at Government and Non-Government organizations: Ministry of Defence, IGNOU, Sports Authority of India, NCC Directorate, DRDO, Ashok Hotel, Air HQ, National Council for Teacher Education, Union Public Services Commission, Delhi Golf Club, WGAI, and QMG.
Dr. Tandon is an acknowledged and respected name on women’s empowerment issues with a large body of work on legal and social issues pertaining to gender discrimination and gender exploitation, policy planning and legislation directed towards women’s rescue and rehabilitation. She is an expert speaker on women’s issues and sexual harassment in television, radio and print media. Her articles are regularly published in various national and international print and online media.
Dr Tandon promotes Indian music, literature, dance and arts through meaningful programs and has held over 100 major cultural programs at prestigious venues with international and national artists. She has been recognised by many socially aware organizations.
Prominent awards include:
- Dr B R Ambedkar National Award 2018
- Nari Shakti Samman Award 2018
- Dagh Dehalvi Award 2018
- Woman of the Year Award 2017 by Today News
- Lion’s Club Chiranji Lal Dhanuka Service Award 2017
- ACCOR Award 2017
- Being Woman, “Falak” Swayam Siddh Shikhar Samman 2017
- Inspire Award by BRITT for excellence in Social Significance for contribution to Community and Society in the area of Women & Child Empowerment 2016
- All Ladies League award “Iconic Women Leaders contributing to society through tolerance and understanding”
- Parivartan Jan Kalyan Samiti award 2014
- Felicitation by PHD 2014
- Felicitation by Rajasthan Academy